from wikiHow – The How to Manual That You Can Edit
A quiet time with God sometimes has been made more complicated than what it is. But, you are always with Him and when you really believe so, that quiet time comes along easily.
- Make a habit out of exercising appreciation before going to bed accompanied of some minutes of silence. At first, that “silence” will be flooded of thinking–all sort of thoughts, but that is normal and you should rest importance to it. Remember, this life experience does not work based on exclusion, but inclusion. Embrace yourself and your appreciation thoughts.
- First thing in the morning, the second you wake up, do the same while laying on bed.
- Exercise appreciation every time you can during the day. You are going to get used to the feeling of it. You will notice that your quiet time before bed time will become more effective because it will be centered on what You really are.
- Once you are up in the morning, you can set aside at least ten minutes to practice any breathing exercises–that is what yoga is about, to intensify getting your attention off of your daily activities. 20 to 30 minutes might make it. Your entire mind and body will ask for stillness to become One with God. Try it!
- Disconnect from any source of media–even of talking on the phone, for example, a while before you go to bed.
- Play any music that make you feel good and connected with your essence until you are ready to let in happy thoughts.
- Rewind the “movie” of your day and look for happy moments.
- Let your inside talk to you and embrace silence any time you can throughout the day. It always works!
- Trust yourself, you are never separated from Him. You just need to quiet down a little your surroundings, to tune in better.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Establish a Personal Quiet Time With God. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.